Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Demos

Saturday afternoon, while I was out at a function for work, I received an email from Brandon that contained rough recordings of a rehearsal he conducted in NYC with Mike, our guitarist, and Terry, our backing vocalist. I quickly went to go find cell service (which sucks in the bowels of SUNY Potsdam's school of music) and download the tracks so I could listen to them.

I was very pleased to hear some good ideas being tossed around, and that the other musicians seemed to be enjoying themselves and trying out some different ideas that I would have thought of. I enjoy that kind of collaboration. It makes us all feel like a band, rather than just the two main guys and some session musicians.

I hope that in the week leading up to our studio time, we can all get together in Brooklyn and have a full-on full-band rehearsal. Needless to say, I am getting very excited.

For those wondering, and I may have said this before, but I'm too lazy to check, the EP will have 5 songs written by Brandon or co-written by the two of us. A small start, but something solid people will be able to take home with them after shows.

No comments: