Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Record Excursion


So this weekend I decided to engage in a little bit of vinyl-therapy. I hit up Off Centre Records in Utica, and Soundgarden in Syracuse on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. I actually snagged a pretty nice haul. Got "Where The Light" is by John Mayer, which is a fantastic live album. I'm amazed that this guy has only been around since 1999 or so, and has released 4 official live albums already, and a handful more on iTunes. I also picked up "Return Of Saturn" by No Doubt, "HIStory" by MJ, and "Blame It On Gravity" by The Old 97's. These guys are a new favorite of mine. I just discovered them, and apparently they've been around forever.


This whole 'only buying vinyl' thing is going really well so far. It's forced me to pay a lot more attention to the music that I'm buying. Also, I find myself willing to step out of my comfort zone a bit and grab music that I wouldn't normally listen to. I find myself looking for my next musical obsession. Seeing as I've spent the last 2 years basically rotating between MJ, The Police, and The Eagles, this is a welcomed change.

2 comments:

Sue Heacock said...

I've got lots of vinyl for you...Air Supply, Rex Smith, Barry Manilow...

Scott Tofte said...

I actually have an Air Supply record, as well as Barry's greatest hits....no Rex Smith yet :-)